Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hilary Duff's Super-Thick Geek Chic Glasses: Obsessed or Hot Mess?
- The Best Photos from the Week of Dec. 15- Dec. 21, 2014
- Oakland Raiders Lineman Donates Game Check to 4-Year-Old with Heart Condition
- Having 'Mad Respect' for Santa and Other Country Stars' Christmas Gift Memories
- Tim Burton Says Beetlejuice Sequel Is 'Closer Than Ever'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Monday December 22, 2014 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 28, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 21
"I'd never go back to the way I was. If I could do what I did, I can stay this way."
ONCE TEASED AS A "WHALE," SHE TRIMMED DOWN WITH CRUNCHES (AND A FEW FRIES)
TURNING POINT: Growing up, Meaghan Byrne and her family moved around a lot—and to deal with this stress, she turned to burgers, ice cream and mac 'n' cheese, hitting 228 lbs. in high school. "The kids called me 'whale,'" she says, "and then my doctor told me I was way too fat."
HOW SHE DID IT: In September 2003, the 5'5" Byrne started on the Slim-Fast plan, drinking a prepackaged shake at breakfast and lunch, and eating baked fish and vegetables for dinner. She also worked out to Pilates videos and did up to 80 crunches twice a day. By August 2005, the Henryville, Pa., waitress had dropped to 112 lbs.—but feeling that was "too skinny," she now maintains her weight at around 128 lbs. "If my friends get McDonald's," says Byrne, 20, "I get a cheeseburger and eat three fries."
READY FOR SUMMER: Last year, Byrne was stuck with a too-big bathing suit that she covered with a t-shirt. This year, her bikini fits. "I'm going to work on my tan!" she says.
Have you lost 100 lbs.—or more? Send your before and after photos and details on how you did it to: email@example.com.
December 22, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!