Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Krasinski and Emily Blunt Want to Give Daughter Hazel a Sibling: 'We've Got to Give Her Some Competition at Some Point'
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Sarah Palin Interviews Donald Trump as They Express Their Admiration for One Another
- Sheriff's Deputy Shot and Killed at Texas Gas Station
- Andy Samberg Predicts Bryan Cranston Will Streak at Emmys in New Promo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 28, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 21
"I'd never go back to the way I was. If I could do what I did, I can stay this way."
ONCE TEASED AS A "WHALE," SHE TRIMMED DOWN WITH CRUNCHES (AND A FEW FRIES)
TURNING POINT: Growing up, Meaghan Byrne and her family moved around a lot—and to deal with this stress, she turned to burgers, ice cream and mac 'n' cheese, hitting 228 lbs. in high school. "The kids called me 'whale,'" she says, "and then my doctor told me I was way too fat."
HOW SHE DID IT: In September 2003, the 5'5" Byrne started on the Slim-Fast plan, drinking a prepackaged shake at breakfast and lunch, and eating baked fish and vegetables for dinner. She also worked out to Pilates videos and did up to 80 crunches twice a day. By August 2005, the Henryville, Pa., waitress had dropped to 112 lbs.—but feeling that was "too skinny," she now maintains her weight at around 128 lbs. "If my friends get McDonald's," says Byrne, 20, "I get a cheeseburger and eat three fries."
READY FOR SUMMER: Last year, Byrne was stuck with a too-big bathing suit that she covered with a t-shirt. This year, her bikini fits. "I'm going to work on my tan!" she says.
Have you lost 100 lbs.—or more? Send your before and after photos and details on how you did it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!