Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Legend Introduces Baby Luna to His Grandmother in a Sweet Instagram Photo
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Kourtney Kardashian Wishes 'Baby Daddy' Scott Disick a Happy 33rd Birthday – See Her TBT Photo
- What Does the Inspector General's Report on Hillary Clinton's Emails Really Mean?
- Sam Claflin Spills About Behind-the-Scenes Pranks With Me Before You Co-star Emilia Clarke: 'I Made Her Think I Was Deeply Offended'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 09, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 1
Just a Year Ago, She Weighed More Than 200 Lbs. Now, 55 Lbs. Lighter, Kirstie Alley Is Feeling Flirty—and It Shows
“Her energy is so much higher, and she's so much more confident,” says Patti Larchet, CEO of Jenny Craig, which Alley, 54, endorsed. “She's extremely proud of what she's done.” Though few are paid to diet, as Alley was, she did work hard, limiting herself to 1,300-1,500 daily calories of Jenny Craig food, plus fresh fruit and vegetables. For exercise she first started making up fun dances at home and later enlisted choreographers Rich & Fly to create cardio routines, which she did four times a week. She also endured naked weigh-ins on a digital scale, monitored by a counselor. Cheating, she says, was not possible. “It's a regulation scale—it's not willy-nilly!” To keep motivated, Alley set a series of small goals. “I took it in 10-lb. increments. Don't look at where you were years ago,” says the actress, who weighed about 130 lbs. in her Cheers days. “Just look at where you are right now and 10 lbs. into the future.” For every milestone Alley hit, she rewarded herself with new clothes or a trip to her vacation house in Maine. Her latest incentive? “She's realized she's an inspiration to others,” says Larchet. “I met three people who lost over 100 lbs. and thanked me,” said Alley after a Jenny Craig speaking appearance. Says the frank-talking former Fat Actress star: “I was just telling the truth.”
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!