Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
- RHONJ Star Amber Marchese's Breast Cancer Has Not Spread: 'I Am Very Blessed'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 06, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 5
Before They Were Stars: Grey's Anatomy
They Make Up One of TV's Sexiest Ensembles, but the Hot Docs of Seattle Grace Hospital First Displayed Their Vital Signs as Up-and-Comers in a Variety of Venues
PATRICK DEMPSEY, 40 (Dr. Derek Shepherd) "I get a lot of people who confess to childhood crushes on me," says the former teen screen idol (with Kirstie Alley in 1989's Loverboy). "That makes a guy feel good about himself."
ELLEN POMPEO, 36 (Dr. Meredith Grey) Playing homicidal characters "was really difficult," says Pompeo (seen here in one of her two Law & Order stints in 1996 and 2000). "I wouldn't have been able to do it if not for [late L&O star] Jerry Orbach. Working with him was a great experience."
T.R. KNIGHT, 32 (Dr. George O'Malley) Knight (onstage as Mozart in Amadeus in 2001) began his career in Minneapolis's famed Guthrie Theater troupe.
JAMES PICKENS JR., 51 (Dr. Richard Webber) A regular on ABC's Roseanne, "I always liked the Halloween episodes," says Pickens (with John Goodman, left).
ISAIAH WASHINGTON, 42 (Dr. Preston Burke) It took four Spike Lee films "for people to take notice," says Washington (right, in Get On the Bus).
SANDRA OH, 34 (Dr. Cristina Yang) Pre-Sideways, Oh scored as a sassy assistant (to sports agent Robert Wuhl, left) on HBO's sitcom Arli$$.
CHANDRA WILSON, 36 (Dr. Miranda Bailey) Wilson's first TV credit was The Cosby Show in 1989. Her second was this '92 Law & Order guest shot.
KATHERINE HEIGL, 27 (Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens) "It was my first starring role," says Heigl of 1994's Gérard Depardieu flick My Father the Hero
JUSTIN CHAMBERS, 35 (Dr. Alex Karev) The former Another World stud first turned heads as a Calvin Klein model.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!