Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Your Favorite YouTube Ladies Are Going on Tour Together
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- Bow Down! Here's What You Need to Know About Vine Star Zach King (And Secrets of His Incredible Illusionist Videos)
- 'We're from out of Town:' 11 Things You Didn't Know About National Lampoon's Vacation
- FROM EW: Zayn Malik Signs with RCA, Says He Left One Direction to 'Show You Who I Really Am'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 12, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 6
Murder at 13,000 Feet
Police in Belgium Arrest a Woman for Fatally Sabotaging the Parachute of Her Romantic Rival
Investigators quickly concluded that the lines in Van Doren's chute had been sabotaged. "The ropes and cords had been cut with scissors," said prosecution spokesman Michel Zegers. Initially no suspicion fell on Clottemans, mostly due to her friendship with the victim. But she started to get closer scrutiny in December, when she attempted suicide shortly before she was due to appear for a police interview. It also turned out, say authorities, that she had access to Van Doren's parachute a week before the death. Late last month Clottemans—who was once questioned, and later released, for allegedly trying to run over her American boyfriend in a separate incident—was arrested and charged with the murder of Van Doren. Said Zegers: "I believe we can call this a crime of passion." (Clottemans has denied any involvement in her friend's death.)
According to local news accounts, Somers had tried to keep his two girlfriends from finding out about each other, spending Friday nights with Clottemans and Saturday afternoons with the married Van Doren. All the same, says club leader Camps, "Mars is absolutely not a womanizer." For the moment he is only grief-stricken, says Camps, "completely devastated" by the tragedy.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!