Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Langston Hughes Celebrated in Sunday's Google Doodle
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Recovery Would Be a Miracle, Says Source
- Former Power Rangers Star Arrested for Murdering Roommate with a Samurai Sword
- President Obama Weighs in on DeflateGate: 'If You Break the Rules, Then You Break the Rules'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 05, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 9
But that was before she started hearing from fans—PEOPLE readers sent more than 300 letters and posted nearly 1,000 comments on people.com—who were inspired by the ex-model's proud admission that she now tips the scales at—gasp!—161 lbs. As she learned of how she had inspired countless women to love their bodies (the good, the bad, and the cellulite), Banks decided it was time she did the same.
And so for an episode of The Tyra Banks Show, Banks—and her entire audience—donned the red leotard, touting their weights. And this time Banks allowed a 360-degree view. "I can't believe I'm letting you see this!" she exclaimed. Banks then invited four women who had been moved by her story to share their epiphanies, like Louisville, Ky., nurse Tabitha Thomas, 23, who was considering taking diet pills even though she knew doing so could aggravate a heart defect. After reading Banks's tale, "I thought, 'I just need to embrace this,'" Thomas said.
Banks hopes to help other women do the same: During the taping she announced her "So what?" campaign, which she describes as "a movement that encourages women to say to ourselves, 'I'm not perfect—so what!'" Guest Mary Harrison, 25, caught on quickly enough. "My thighs jiggle when I walk," she told the audience. "And so what!"
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!