Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sarah McBride, the First Openly Transgender Speaker at a Convention, Says 'All People Need to Live and Strive as Their Authentic Self'
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- What’s Kanye West’s Favorite Taylor Swift Song? None of Them
- Meryl Streep Once Feared Aging in Hollywood Would End Her Career: 'I Thought Each Movie Would Be My Last'
- 10 Beauty Products That’ll Instantly Change Your Makeup Game
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 06, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 9
Kisses & Kimonos
In a Secret Ceremony in Japan in January, Lisa Marie Presley Exchanged Vows with Michael Lockwood in Front of Her Mom, Kids—and Ex-husband
It may not have been a big production, but the Jan. 22 nuptials at a private inn in Kyoto, Japan (a favorite vacation spot of Presley's), was a special one. The 16 guests donned custom-fitted kimonos at the sunset ceremony, where Presley, 38, and Lockwood, 44—who started dating in '03—performed a Japanese sake ritual after exchanging traditional vows.
Never conventional (see marriages 2 and 3 to Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage), Elvis's daughter shook things up by having as best man Danny Keough, her ex-husband and father of her kids Riley, 16, and Benjamin, 13—and Lockwood's pal. But it made perfect sense for the pair. "She wanted an intimate gathering of family and friends," says Keaney. "It was unusual, personal and beautiful—just like she envisioned."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!