Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Pope Francis Pays for Rome's Homeless to Visit the Shroud of Turin
- Read the Cover Story: Caitlyn Jenner's New Life
- WATCH: It's a Baby Goat Slumber Party, Everybody Freak Out
- WATCH: Kendra Confronts Hank's Imminent Death on Marriage Boot Camp
- 4 Years Later, Lauren Spierer's Mom Describes Her Disappearance as 'Nightmare You Never Wake Up From'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 12, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 10
Thou Shalt Not Whine
A Missouri Pastor Challenges His Flock to Give Up Griping (for Three Weeks)—and Ignites a Worldwide Response
Little did Bowen know he had started a revolution. After The Kansas City Star published an article on the no-gripe pledge, requests for bracelets began pouring in from locales as diverse as Nebraska, Washington and Iraq. To date, the church has shipped more than 125,000 of the bracelets (which are free at acomplaintfreeworld.org, which links to the church).
It hasn't always been easy. Bowen himself "broke three bracelets" over four months, mostly while dealing with complaints about the church, before hitting the three-week mark. Today, though, 21 church members have done it, including fourth-grade teacher Patricia Platt. "I didn't realize how often I complained," says Platt. "It's so easy to start a conversation by saying, 'Oh, the weather's bad.'" Another convert: Tom Alyea, a management consultant who "used to come home from work and launch into a report about the latest headache." Now, after four months of false starts, Alyea, 45, is gripe-free. "My wife and I have new things to talk about, and my teenage kids don't run the other way," he says. "I'm a much happier person."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!