Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- HERstory! Hillary Clinton Accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination: 'When There Are No Ceilings, the Sky's the Limit'
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- All About Katy Perry's Glittery Democratic Convention Performance Look
- Chelsea Clinton Introduces Mom Hillary as She Accepts Democratic Nomination: 'She Makes Me Proud Every Single Day'
- Chloë Grace Moretz Addresses Crowd at DNC: 'My First Vote For President Will be For Hillary Clinton'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 12, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 10
Thou Shalt Not Whine
A Missouri Pastor Challenges His Flock to Give Up Griping (for Three Weeks)—and Ignites a Worldwide Response
Little did Bowen know he had started a revolution. After The Kansas City Star published an article on the no-gripe pledge, requests for bracelets began pouring in from locales as diverse as Nebraska, Washington and Iraq. To date, the church has shipped more than 125,000 of the bracelets (which are free at acomplaintfreeworld.org, which links to the church).
It hasn't always been easy. Bowen himself "broke three bracelets" over four months, mostly while dealing with complaints about the church, before hitting the three-week mark. Today, though, 21 church members have done it, including fourth-grade teacher Patricia Platt. "I didn't realize how often I complained," says Platt. "It's so easy to start a conversation by saying, 'Oh, the weather's bad.'" Another convert: Tom Alyea, a management consultant who "used to come home from work and launch into a report about the latest headache." Now, after four months of false starts, Alyea, 45, is gripe-free. "My wife and I have new things to talk about, and my teenage kids don't run the other way," he says. "I'm a much happier person."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!