Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kylie Jenner's Got Us Seeing Blue in Her Monochromatic Denim Look
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- NBA Player Russell Westbrook Marries Nina Earl in Star-Studded Beverly Hills Ceremony
- Anna Duggar's Isolated Life: She Feels It Is 'Not Godly' to Get Mad at Josh
- Beauty Flashback! The Boldest Hair Styles from the 2005 VMAs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 13, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 10
Top Chef's Katie Lee Joel
Meet Mrs. Billy Joel, the Host of Bravo's New Slice 'em and Dice 'em Reality Show
SCENE FROM AN ITALIAN RESTAURANT
Joel, 24, met the 56-year-old singer three years ago. He promptly asked her to dinner (she had the pasta) and "it was love at first bite," she says. They married in October 2004 and live on Long Island with their two pugs, Finola and Sabrina. "We're homebodies; we're in bed by 10 o'clock," she says. As for kids? "Alexa is a really special person to me," she says of her stepdaughter, 20 (whose mom is Christie Brinkley). "I'd like to expand our family, but not just yet."
The Miami University of Ohio grad, who studied cooking at the British Institute in Florence and runs a food lovers' Web site (oliveandpeach.com), inherited her culinary skills from her grandma and mom. "We'd go to someone's house, and my mom would say, 'Don't eat that cake! It's a mix!'" she says. Today she often cooks with homegrown foods from her garden. Typical dishes? "Billy loves my meatloaf and spaghetti pomodoro."
Joel's 16-hour days on the San Francisco Chef set were "a whirlwind" she says. As for how she'd fare as a competitor? "I would have been shaking in my boots," she says. "But I think I could have made it pretty far."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!