Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Scandal Recap: Fitz and Mellie Plan Her Political Future as the Show Takes on Ferguson
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- Harrison Ford Suffered 'Bad Laceration' to Scalp in Plane Crash, Says Eyewitness
- Twitter Flooded with Show of Support for Harrison Ford After Plane Crash
- Aviation Expert on Harrison Ford's Crash Landing: 'Everything He Did Was Perfect'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Low-fat, Flavorful Fast Fowl: Far Out!
His menu of crispy-skinned breasts, wings, legs and thighs (diners' choice) has already attracted spies from prospective competitors who "take notes and ask all kinds of questions," he claims. Famie says the key to his process is a mammoth rotisserie he discovered in Europe that allows fat to drip from the chicken and does not char the skin, as grilling does. Honey mustard and barbecue sauce are served on the side with baked Yukon Gold potato wedges. An alternate entree is deep-dish chicken pizza with whole-wheat crust and low-fat smoked mozzarella.
Voted least likely to succeed in his suburban Detroit high school, Famie majored in girls and tennis and still wears a sweatband instead of a toque. He started washing dishes in a Chinese restaurant at 15, toiled in European hotel kitchens at 19 and took over as chef at a four-star Detroit eatery at 22. He opened his own bistro in 1988 and has catered dinner for the Rolling Stones (smoked salmon, chicken Ballotine, roast veal tenderloin) and a lunch for President Bush and Gerald Ford (chicken, pizza, pasta—"the platter was empty when they were done"). His fondest fantasy for the future, after franchising his quick-and-crispy chicken joints exclusively to "managers who have a degree in the culinary arts," would be to give the world robot waiters: "attentive, reliable, manageable."
March 05, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!