Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Rich Wants to Meet Kanye West … in the Boxing Ring
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn and Shawn Reveal the Truth About That Snapchat: 'We Felt So Bad!'
- Bill and Hillary Clinton Get a Bono Shout-Out While Attending U2 Concert in NYC
- North Carolina Man Reportedly Thwarts Robbery Attempt During His Marriage Proposal
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Learning to Wear Her Genes
And how. This year Fonda will be seen as an American in London in David Hare's Strapless, as novelist Mary Shelley in Roger Corman's Frankenstein Unbound and as a photojournalist in Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather III. She's about to play a tomboy in Leather Jackets, written and directed by her British live-in fiancé, Lee Drysdale. "If strong heroines and roles requiring sass and intelligence are big in the '90s," says Los Angeles Times critic Peter Rainer, "she will be a big star and a great actress."
In two of her films Fonda has managed remarkably unaffected scenes in the buff—which she attributes partly to the free-spirited hippie generation in which she was reared. "I did grow up not feeling self-conscious about being nude," she says. Not that she escaped self-consciousness in acting school. "When you've got all eyes on you, people saying, 'She's not so hot,' you sort of wish you were a nobody." Now that she has legitimately proved she's a somebody, Fonda often sends a prayer to her grandfather: "If you could see me now...I wonder if you'd be proud."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!