Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gwyneth Paltrow Celebrates Her 44th Birthday with a Makeup-Free Selfie
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Barack Obama Leads Tributes as Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Halle Berry Stuns in Pink and Black David Koma Bodycon Dress at Revlon Luncheon
- Protesters Gather as Man Is Shot and Wounded by San Diego Police: Report
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
In Solitary Moments, in the Spotlights Glare, She Commanded Our Attention, Our Awe
She once compared herself and Jack (campaigning with brother-in-law Stephen Smith in 1959) to "icebergs," whose real selves stayed hidden. This, she added, "was a bond between us."
"Every woman wants to have style and class, and on top of all that, be a good mother and wife," journalist Charlayne Hunter-Gault says of Jackie (with Jack and Caroline in 1959). "She was who we all wanted to be."
An equestrian since babyhood, Jackie (here on Sagebrush in 1959) continued riding to the end.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!