Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Ex Chris Martin Celebrate Memorial Day Together at Star-Studded Bash in Malibu
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Demi Moore and Daughter Rumer Willis Look Like Twins in New Photo
- Kacy Catanzaro's American Ninja Warrior Premiere Blog: Starting the Season with a Showstopper
- Pope Francis Hasn't Watched Television Since 1990, Longs for Good Pizza
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 08, 1974
- Vol. 2
- No. 2
Henry's Big Night—without Nancy
The Kissingers are at home, finally
After several weeks of searching, Nancy Kissinger finally settled on an elegant if traditional townhouse—three story, white-washed brick, ivy-covered—on Georgetown's Dumbarton Avenue. A blend of Federalist and Victorian architecture, it has four bedrooms, a second-floor library, fireplaces, a breakfast nook and a patio in back. More importantly, it has a basement that will be used as a command post by Kissinger's ever-present security detail. The house was owned in the late 1950s and early 1960s by Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, who sold it back to its original and present owner, Mrs. Elizabeth Chase Burden of New York. "It's a comfortable, dignified house, with no pretentions," says Realtor Mrs. John Henry, who handled the negotiations. The Kissingers will rent—for an undisclosed amount which is believed to be about $1,200 a month—rather than buy. "We only plan to be in Washington for three more years," Nancy told one realtor. Although some of Kissinger's security staff had urged them to find a more secluded—and easier to guard—house, last week Henry and Nancy moved their belongings out of his cramped bachelor quarters and into their new place.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!