Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Enter to Win Our Exclusive Giveaway and Get Your Best Brows Ever!
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- How Did Faye Grant React to Stephen Collins's Interview on 20/20?
- Stacy Keibler: How I've Completely Bounced Back After Baby in 4 Months
- Surprise! Madonna Releases New Music from Upcoming Album Rebel Heart
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 03:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 08, 1974
- Vol. 2
- No. 2
Henry's Big Night—without Nancy
The Kissingers are at home, finally
After several weeks of searching, Nancy Kissinger finally settled on an elegant if traditional townhouse—three story, white-washed brick, ivy-covered—on Georgetown's Dumbarton Avenue. A blend of Federalist and Victorian architecture, it has four bedrooms, a second-floor library, fireplaces, a breakfast nook and a patio in back. More importantly, it has a basement that will be used as a command post by Kissinger's ever-present security detail. The house was owned in the late 1950s and early 1960s by Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, who sold it back to its original and present owner, Mrs. Elizabeth Chase Burden of New York. "It's a comfortable, dignified house, with no pretentions," says Realtor Mrs. John Henry, who handled the negotiations. The Kissingers will rent—for an undisclosed amount which is believed to be about $1,200 a month—rather than buy. "We only plan to be in Washington for three more years," Nancy told one realtor. Although some of Kissinger's security staff had urged them to find a more secluded—and easier to guard—house, last week Henry and Nancy moved their belongings out of his cramped bachelor quarters and into their new place.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!