Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Trump Admits He Planned 'Something Extremely Rough' on Clinton Family at Debate – But Couldn't Do It 'with Chelsea in the Room'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- High-Ranking Air Force Colonel Accused of Rape Found Dead in Colorado Home: Police
- Debate Karma: Donald Trump Mocked on Twitter for Excessive Water Drinking
- Who Is Alicia Machado? Meet the Former Miss Universe Donald Trump Called 'Miss Piggy' and 'Miss Housekeeping'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 08, 1974
- Vol. 2
- No. 2
Henry's Big Night—without Nancy
The Kissingers are at home, finally
After several weeks of searching, Nancy Kissinger finally settled on an elegant if traditional townhouse—three story, white-washed brick, ivy-covered—on Georgetown's Dumbarton Avenue. A blend of Federalist and Victorian architecture, it has four bedrooms, a second-floor library, fireplaces, a breakfast nook and a patio in back. More importantly, it has a basement that will be used as a command post by Kissinger's ever-present security detail. The house was owned in the late 1950s and early 1960s by Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, who sold it back to its original and present owner, Mrs. Elizabeth Chase Burden of New York. "It's a comfortable, dignified house, with no pretentions," says Realtor Mrs. John Henry, who handled the negotiations. The Kissingers will rent—for an undisclosed amount which is believed to be about $1,200 a month—rather than buy. "We only plan to be in Washington for three more years," Nancy told one realtor. Although some of Kissinger's security staff had urged them to find a more secluded—and easier to guard—house, last week Henry and Nancy moved their belongings out of his cramped bachelor quarters and into their new place.
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!