Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Danish Crown Prince Frederik Has No Regrets About Casting Off His Olympic Dreams
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Donald Trump Weighs in On Ivanka's Friendship with Chelsea Clinton: 'They Should Continue to Be Friends'
- Hillary Clinton Consults Vogue's Anna Wintour for Fashion Advice on the Campaign Trail
- Swimmer Nathan Adrian on Dating as an Olympic Athlete: 'I'd Be Open to a New Relationship If the Right Person Came Along'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 08, 1974
- Vol. 2
- No. 2
Ali V. Foreman: Their Banquet Jibes Went Sour
Throughout a boxing-writers' dinner, Ali had needled the colorless Foreman, chiding him for waving the flag at the 1968 Olympics and belittling his punching ability. Foreman, knowing Ali is still undefeated as a wiseacre, endured stoically and at the end even cracked a smile. But then, after the two boxers shook hands, Ali put his arm around Foreman. Foreman shook it off and Ali made a grab for the championship belt Foreman held. The two scuffled, with a growing edge of anger. Ali's jacket, then Foreman's shirt were ripped. Ali began to yell, "I'm gonna beat your Christian ass." As Foreman walked away, Ali grabbed water glasses off the table and threw them at the wall near the departing champion. Afterwards, the question was not whether the two men's embarrassing lapse of poise would hype the TV theater gate for the fight—but only how much. Ali, for once, was almost at a loss for words—almost. "I was doing to him what he tried to do to me," said Ali lamely next day. "Put fear in him. Since he was acting crazy, I had to act crazier."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!