Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian Calls Rob 'Pathetic' in KUWTK Sneak Peek
- Read the Cover Story: Avril Lavigne Opens Up About Her Secret Health Crisis
- WATCH: R2D2 Comes to Earth to Find True Love
- Watch What Happens When This Woman Tries to Kiss Strangers in Grand Central Station (Video)
- Helen Mirren Has the Best Workout Advice Ever
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 16, 1974
- Vol. 2
- No. 12
When Betty and Bernard Smith of Crewe, England married 17 years ago they planned on having two children, a boy and a girl. First they had the girl. And then another girl. And another. "The girls kept coming," laughs Bernard, "and we kept on trying." Finally, when the tally stood at eight daughters, ages ranging from 4 to 16, along came Jason. His arrival home was met with big smiles from everyone except Jason himself, who deserves to look glum about all those years ahead with all those older sisters clucking over him.
From the looks of him, 11-year-old Mark Miller of Philadelphia could be either the loser in a pie-throwing contest or the winner in a pie-eating contest. It's the latter. Fans cheering for the boy in the local playground event credited his own pie-shaped face, and the appetite to match. How did Mark find his championship? As always, he reported, victory was sweet.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!