Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- How Steven Tyler Got All Fired Up While Filming His New Country Video: 'I Burnt My Eyebrows Off'
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Taylor Swift Has an Early Fourth of July Party – And It's as Amazing as You Think It Would Be
- Gigi Hadid Got All Her Prom Dresses from Her Mom Yolanda's Closet!
- Heroes Among Us: Crusading Against Autism
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 23, 1974
- Vol. 2
- No. 26
Mr. Anonymous Bowls Toward $100,000 a Year
The self-effacing Anthony began bowling when he was 21 years old and joined the pro tour in 1970, when he decided he would rather bowl full time than work a night shift as a grocery receiving clerk. He finished second in his first tournament, went on to win $26,000 his rookie year and so far has amassed $243,263. His average of 219.4 points per game this year is an all-time PBA record.
The Anthonys still live in the $25,000 house they purchased 15 years ago in Tacoma, Wash., although he admits: "We could live a lot higher. We just want to be able to send the kids to college." The kids are Jeri, 16, Mike, 14, and Tracy, 11. During the summer they join him on the tour, clapping politely whenever he effortlessly rolls a strike. Once in a while, just to prove he has nerves, he tosses a white towel in the air after rolling a bad ball. "But basically," says a pro bowling official, "Earl is as steady as a machine."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!