Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See the First Photos of Harry Potter's Grown-Up Family in the Upcoming Play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- A Birkin Bag Just Sold for More Than $300,000 at Auction, Making It the Most Expensive Handbag – Ever!
- Emergency Obsessed or Hot Mess: Kendall Jenner's Towering Topknot Has Reached Whoville Heights
- Mario Batali's Tomato & Chorizo Spaghetti Is a Weeknight Dinner Dream
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 30, 1974
- Vol. 2
- No. 27
A Jock Catches Fire; His Romance Catches Cold
Connors' meteoric rise is enough to earn his fellow pros' antagonism; his public personality insures it. He is that phenomenon of the 1970s, the superbly skilled postadolescent jock who picks up the check with one hand and immaturely thumbs his nose with the other. When illness kept Connors out of a recent tournament in Australia, Aussie John Newcombe accused Jimmy of ducking him. The accusation seemed about as dubious as Connors' ballyhooed engagement to tennis queen Chris Evert. Though both insist their marriage has merely been postponed, Chrissie is no longer wearing his ring. If heartbroken, Connors conceals it well as he prepares to take on Australia's Rod Laver, the two-time grand-slam winner he has never played before, in a high-stakes February showdown. The purse: $100,000, winner take all. The place: Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. The network: CBS. And Newcombe will be waiting to take on the winner, for at least $100,000, etc.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!