Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
- RHONJ Star Amber Marchese's Breast Cancer Has Not Spread: 'I Am Very Blessed'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 30, 1974
- Vol. 2
- No. 27
A Jock Catches Fire; His Romance Catches Cold
Connors' meteoric rise is enough to earn his fellow pros' antagonism; his public personality insures it. He is that phenomenon of the 1970s, the superbly skilled postadolescent jock who picks up the check with one hand and immaturely thumbs his nose with the other. When illness kept Connors out of a recent tournament in Australia, Aussie John Newcombe accused Jimmy of ducking him. The accusation seemed about as dubious as Connors' ballyhooed engagement to tennis queen Chris Evert. Though both insist their marriage has merely been postponed, Chrissie is no longer wearing his ring. If heartbroken, Connors conceals it well as he prepares to take on Australia's Rod Laver, the two-time grand-slam winner he has never played before, in a high-stakes February showdown. The purse: $100,000, winner take all. The place: Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. The network: CBS. And Newcombe will be waiting to take on the winner, for at least $100,000, etc.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!