Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,190 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Miley Cyrus Remembers the Summer of Josh Duggar, Kim Davis, Rachel Dolezal and More in SNL Monologue
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Donald Trump and Family!
- SNL: Kate McKinnon's Faux Hillary Jokes with the Real Clinton About Not Supporting Gay Marriage Sooner
- Meet the Therouxs! Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Make First Joint Public Appearance as a Married Couple
- Barack & Michelle Obama's Cutest White House Moments, Ranked
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 30, 1974
- Vol. 2
- No. 27
Rhoda's a Winner on Her Own and So Much for TV Taboos
At a time when TV has evolved from the sophistication level of a "G"-rated movie to what the trade calls a soft-core "R" in some instances, Rhoda has managed to bust three of TV's oldest taboos: she is Jewish, they live in New York and her husband was divorced. Valerie, 33, who is not Jewish but a lapsed Catholic, has herself flown in the face of all expectations: she has pulled none of the prima-donna tactics of other overnight rating stars. Observers are wondering if motherhood will be next for Rhoda. "I've never wanted a baby and I've felt great guilt," confides Valerie. "But thank God in the 20th century a woman can make a choice. With Rhoda, Dick [Schaal, her husband of 10 years] and I wouldn't have to work it in between the TV seasons, we could just work it into the script."
October 03, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!