Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- From INSTANT: Meet Mr. Bagel, the World's Cutest Pet Chinchilla
- Read the Cover Story: The Final Five: Their Amazing Journey!
- Man Charged in Murder of Friend's 5-Year-Old Daughter Allegedly Sexually Assaulted Her and Left Suicide Note
- WATCH: The Real Housewives of New York City's LuAnn de Lesseps Confronts Fiancé over Infidelity Rumors – 'How Could You Do This To Me?'
- WATCH: Find Out What It's Like to Fight with Bethenny Frankel Straight from One of Her RHONY Costars!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 30, 1974
- Vol. 2
- No. 27
Rhoda's a Winner on Her Own and So Much for TV Taboos
At a time when TV has evolved from the sophistication level of a "G"-rated movie to what the trade calls a soft-core "R" in some instances, Rhoda has managed to bust three of TV's oldest taboos: she is Jewish, they live in New York and her husband was divorced. Valerie, 33, who is not Jewish but a lapsed Catholic, has herself flown in the face of all expectations: she has pulled none of the prima-donna tactics of other overnight rating stars. Observers are wondering if motherhood will be next for Rhoda. "I've never wanted a baby and I've felt great guilt," confides Valerie. "But thank God in the 20th century a woman can make a choice. With Rhoda, Dick [Schaal, her husband of 10 years] and I wouldn't have to work it in between the TV seasons, we could just work it into the script."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!