Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Maroon 5, 5SOS Pharrell & Gwen Stefani Perform at the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Kate Upton Tells Boyfriend 'You're Welcome' for Her Sexiness
- PEOPLE Magazine Awards: Watch Mindy Kaling and Chris Messina's Hot Moment! (VIDEO)
- Photo Proof That Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Lopez Never (Ever!) Age
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 03:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 13, 1975
- Vol. 3
- No. 1
'Well!' Jack Would Have Said at the Turnout of the Stars
Recovered from heart surgery, George Burns, 78, was Benny's best pal.
Bob Hope, 71, and his wife, Dolores, who is infrequently seen in public, sign in. Hope later delivered Benny's eulogy at the brief service.
Oldest comic, Groucho Marx, 84, waits for companion Erin Fleming.
A crowd of more than 2,000 sightseers turned out for the Benny funeral at the Culver City Hillside Memorial Park.
An ever youthful Merle Oberon, now 63, signs the registry while her lover, actor Robert Wolders, 36, waits his turn.
Phil Harris, who was an early Benny radio show regular before getting his own show with wife, Alice Faye, greets Rosemarie and Robert Stack.
Attending the service with his wife, Veronique, Gregory Peck, 58, was one of the younger pallbearers.
James Stewart, 66, often played himself on Benny's programs.
Frank Sinatra, 59, and Milton Berle, 66 (in back, right), both acted as pallbearers for their longtime friend.
Show-biz politicos George Murphy (top) and Ronald Reagan with wife, Nancy, brave the crowd.
Among the guests was Jack Lemmon, who enters the chapel with wife, Felicia Farr.
Natalie Wood, 36, and husband, Robert Wagner, 44, represent the more youthful Hollywood.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!