Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- It's the Hardest Thing They'll Ever Have to Do ... Watch Nick and Drew Lachey Struggle to Bartend
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Jennie Garth Reveals Two Huge Hip Tattoos in Tiny Black Bikini
- Hank Baskett on Coping with Depression Before Sex Scandal: I Used Drugs and 'Was Drinking Like I Never Drank Before'
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Reveals How He Got Back in Terminator Shape (at 67!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 12, 1975
- Vol. 3
- No. 18
More Intimate Glimpses of a Very Public President
Ford promised the nation an open and candid Presidency, and he has delivered it. "He was the easiest subject I ever had," says veteran photojournalist Ward. "I was flabbergasted at his total lack of pretense."
Ward and Sidey's Portrait of a President (Harper & Row) reveals just how far Ford is willing to go to prove his accessibility. Ward spent every day for two months with Ford, accompanying him everywhere from the bathroom to the back seat of a limousine en route to visit Betty Ford in the hospital. "He is not conceited at all and very trusting," says Ward. "He just doesn't figure you're going to do a job on him. He never had to develop a TV image to get elected. He comes to us unspoiled, almost guileless, very Middle American. If he runs next time, God knows what the image-makers may try to turn him into."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!