Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Video: Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke Sing in Chris Martin's Game of Thrones: The Musical
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Watch Dwayne Johnson and Jimmy Fallon's 1989 Graduation Speech
- Photo: Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult Reunite on the Set of X-Men: Apocalypse
- Suspect in Mansion Murders Arrested in Washington D.C.
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 12, 1975
- Vol. 3
- No. 18
More Intimate Glimpses of a Very Public President
Ford promised the nation an open and candid Presidency, and he has delivered it. "He was the easiest subject I ever had," says veteran photojournalist Ward. "I was flabbergasted at his total lack of pretense."
Ward and Sidey's Portrait of a President (Harper & Row) reveals just how far Ford is willing to go to prove his accessibility. Ward spent every day for two months with Ford, accompanying him everywhere from the bathroom to the back seat of a limousine en route to visit Betty Ford in the hospital. "He is not conceited at all and very trusting," says Ward. "He just doesn't figure you're going to do a job on him. He never had to develop a TV image to get elected. He comes to us unspoiled, almost guileless, very Middle American. If he runs next time, God knows what the image-makers may try to turn him into."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!