Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Joe Perry Returns to the Stage After Collapsing at a Show Earlier This Month
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- WATCH AND SHOP: A Chic Way to Show Your State Pride
- Inside Amy Davidson's Nautical Nursery for Son Lennox: I 'Tend to Go Overboard' with the Anchor Theme
- WATCH: Ivanka Trump on Donald, Marriage and Motherhood: 'I'm a Daughter, Not a Clone'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 12, 1975
- Vol. 3
- No. 18
Hail, Columbia: On Its 50th Birthday, the Stars Twinkle
About 800 guests turned out for the roast beef, chicken and chili in threads that ranged from satins and chiffons to open-necked sportshirts. The party was held on a sound stage at the Burbank Studios and the climax of the evening was the wheeling out of a huge-gigantic-colossal-mammoth-rrrrreally big cake, spiked with 50 candles and a towering "C."
Along with that pastry, another attraction of the evening was Mae West. The remarkably preserved, 81-year-old Mae, dressed in white, was surrounded by young men. At one point Janet (My Sister Eileen) Blair came over to her table and said: "You don't know me, but I want to say you look wonderful. You're getting younger every day." Beulah, peel me a grape.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!