Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Can the Internet Handle Ryan Gosling's Australian Accent?
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos
Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Hilary Duff, George Lopez Help Search for Dog Stolen in Beverly Hills
- Delta Flight Makes Emergency Landing After Pilot Gets Locked Out of Cockpit
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 08, 1975
- Vol. 4
- No. 10
Taylor and Burton Leave Poor Henry Wynberg Holding the Bags
On arrival, 41-year-old Wynberg refused to leave the plane when he spotted a horde of reporters and photographers waiting on the tarmac. Eventually, a chauffeur-driven Mercedes pulled up and whisked the Gucci-clad and safari-jacketed Henry away—excess baggage and all.
Not that Liz is without feelings. While in London, Wynberg still stays at Taylor's quaint three-story terrace house in Chelsea. (Her daughter Liza Todd lives in the basement.) "I still love her," Henry concedes, "but I do not want to discuss the affair. I have no plans, no plans at all. I haven't spoken to Liz since I heard it was all off."
All off for now, perhaps. But Henry has become something of an expert at fielding Liz on the rebound. When the Burtons got back together in 1973 during one of her periodic illnesses, Wynberg obligingly moved out of Taylor's hospital room and patiently waited until Richard disappeared again.
This time, however, Wynberg is hedging his bets. Just in case this reconciliation is for real, he is negotiating with a U.S. publisher for the rights to his version of Life with Liz.
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!