Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Family of Ohio College Student Sierah Joughins 'Devastated' After Police Identify Her Remains
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Fit to Be Wed! Couple Gets Married at the 2016 CrossFit Games Complete with Paleo Cake
- Kristen Stewart Opens Up About Girlfriend Alicia Cargile: 'Finally, I Can Feel Again'
- From ESSENCE: Latino Principal from South Bronx Urges Conversation in the Classroom Around Black Lives Matter
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 1975
- Vol. 4
- No. 19
TV's Precocious Bess Takes a Dunk in the California Drink
The reason may be that the 17-year-old Lisa, who will enter UCLA at San Diego next March as a freshman, disdains bipedal technique. "Two skis are just for learning to get your balance," she says, "Everyone uses one ski."
Is it scary? Not at all. "When I think I am going to fall," she explains cheerfully, "I just let go."
At Pyramid Lake, Calif. recently, Lisa demonstrated her what-the-heck modus operandi, and with considerable splash. Then, after an all-points wipe-out, she ad-libbed a whale salute.
Luckily, unlike TV, taking a fall on water skis isn't particularly rough, even on the ego. "It's always a soft landing," says Lisa. "I think about that a lot." Needless to say, she'll study psychology at college.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!