Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Miss USA Finds a Home on the Reelz Network After Being Dropped by NBC
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Teen Girls Make Desperate Jump from Window to Escape Raging Fire
- 5,000 Evacuated After Train Carrying 'Highly Flammable and Toxic Gas' Derails and Catches Fire in Tennessee
- Watch Rihanna's New Crazy, Bloody, Raunchy, NSFW Music Video (WARNING: Explicit Content)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 1975
- Vol. 4
- No. 19
Bradley Thomas knew about fencing only from television until, at 8, he wandered into a class in progress near his home in Los Angeles. By the time it was over he asked the coach if he could join. Now 16, Bradley has racked up enough titles to fill three pages in the record book—if you count only the important ones—and is one of the top contenders to represent the U.S. in the under-20 category at the World Fencing Championships in Poland next April. His coach, Delmar Calvert, a Frenchman who fenced in the Foreign Legion, remembers him as a "shy, skinny kid" but soon discovered an aggressive side to Bradley which Calvert predicts will make him national champion in four years. Though he currently is ranked 22nd nationally in saber competition, Bradley says he will be ready to compete in the 1980 Olympics—he has already earned six of the necessary 100 points needed to qualify. "By then, I will have the mental and physical strength I need. Right now, when I compete with adults, I know I have the potential, but their age is such an advantage. Fencing is a psychological, tactical sport." He's got a point.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!