Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Analeigh Tipton Chopped Off Her Own Hair While 'Really Drunk One Sunday'
- The Best Photos from the Week of Jan. 19- Jan. 25, 2015
- Amorous, Snowed-In New Yorkers and Bostonians Seek 'Blizzard Buddies' on Craigslist
- San Francisco Zoo Offering Cockroaches and More Creepy Valentine's Day Gifts for Your Ex
- Size-22 Model Is First to Score a Major Modeling Contract
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday January 27, 2015 09:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 12, 1976
- Vol. 5
- No. 1
For the Not So Idle Rich, Sun Valley Is the Place to Ski and Skylark
During the fortnight around Christmas—known to hungering locals as "The Big Week"—celebrities from the East and West Coasts land (often in private Learjets) at a tiny, nearby airstrip. This Christmas the Kennedys, including Ted and Jackie Onassis, flew in. So did Dr. Lee Salk and his two children, and Margaux Hemingway, who grew up nearby, and her husband, Errol Wetson. Another arrival was Paul Anka, who recently opened a restaurant on the resort's quaint shopping mall.
One contemporary intrusion was a bus drivers' strike. Senator Kennedy was so intimidated by it that he took to cross-country skiing rather than cross picket lines around the lifts. After an unsuccessful attempt to help settle the strike, he and the clan headed for Utah's Snowbird resort where, he said, "We can get in some serious skiing."
January 26, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!