Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Did a Naked Man Really Climb Out of Buckingham Palace? (VIDEO)
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Justin Timberlake Visits Pregnant Jessica Biel on Set (PHOTO)
- See the Best Celeb Food Photos of the Week from Hugh Jackman, Kylie Jenner & More
- Watch: Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson Drop in on Dakota Johnson's SNL Monologue
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 12, 1976
- Vol. 5
- No. 1
For the Not So Idle Rich, Sun Valley Is the Place to Ski and Skylark
During the fortnight around Christmas—known to hungering locals as "The Big Week"—celebrities from the East and West Coasts land (often in private Learjets) at a tiny, nearby airstrip. This Christmas the Kennedys, including Ted and Jackie Onassis, flew in. So did Dr. Lee Salk and his two children, and Margaux Hemingway, who grew up nearby, and her husband, Errol Wetson. Another arrival was Paul Anka, who recently opened a restaurant on the resort's quaint shopping mall.
One contemporary intrusion was a bus drivers' strike. Senator Kennedy was so intimidated by it that he took to cross-country skiing rather than cross picket lines around the lifts. After an unsuccessful attempt to help settle the strike, he and the clan headed for Utah's Snowbird resort where, he said, "We can get in some serious skiing."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!