Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Father of New York Bombing Suspect Speaks Out, Says FBI Should Have Investigated His Son More Thoroughly
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Inside Lea Michele’s Chic Los Angeles Home: ‘This House Is Healing’
- Dancing with the Stars' Rick Perry Has a 'Whole New Appreciation' for Dancers After Elimination
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Pal Tom Hiddleston – but Taylor Swift Talk Is Off-Limits: 'That Door Is Closed'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 12, 1976
- Vol. 5
- No. 1
For the Not So Idle Rich, Sun Valley Is the Place to Ski and Skylark
During the fortnight around Christmas—known to hungering locals as "The Big Week"—celebrities from the East and West Coasts land (often in private Learjets) at a tiny, nearby airstrip. This Christmas the Kennedys, including Ted and Jackie Onassis, flew in. So did Dr. Lee Salk and his two children, and Margaux Hemingway, who grew up nearby, and her husband, Errol Wetson. Another arrival was Paul Anka, who recently opened a restaurant on the resort's quaint shopping mall.
One contemporary intrusion was a bus drivers' strike. Senator Kennedy was so intimidated by it that he took to cross-country skiing rather than cross picket lines around the lifts. After an unsuccessful attempt to help settle the strike, he and the clan headed for Utah's Snowbird resort where, he said, "We can get in some serious skiing."
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!