Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Find Out Which A-List SNL Regular Has Been Elected to Play Donald Trump
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Sen. Marco Rubio Calls for Investigation into the Jetty That Claimed the Lives of José Fernández and Friends
- Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton 'Grossly Incompetent' and Promises Supporters He's 'Going to Get Rid of That Crooked Woman'
- Kate in Cowboy Boots! William and Kate Get Sporty at Mountain Biking Festival in Canada
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 12, 1976
- Vol. 5
- No. 1
A New Mayor (Heads) Is Elected, the Old One (Tails) Leaves
Four weeks later, wives by their sides, both candidates appeared at the King County court house in nearby Seattle, where Ralph Dillon of the county clerk's office was waiting with a shiny new Kennedy half dollar. As newsmen jostled for position, Dillon tossed the coin aloft as Nelson called "heads!", then unceremoniously dropped it. "I was afraid of that," he muttered. To the hoot of laughter, he retrieved the coin, flipped it again, still to the call of "heads!" and slapped it down on the back of his hand. "Heads!" he cried, staring down at the Kennedy profile. "Mr. Nelson wins!"
Momentarily stunned by the caprice of four-bitsmanship, Tufarolo recovered quickly, wished Nelson luck and started slowly for the door. "Maybe it's time for someone else to take over," he murmured with tears in his eyes. Winner Nelson seemed equally misty, but quickly recovered his poise. "No matter the method," he declared stoutly, "I still think it was the right choice."
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!