Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and George Ezra on Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC,
Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- The Beckham Boys Leave Victoria and David at Home for the Kids' Choice Awards
- Harrison Ford Released from the Hospital After Plane Crash
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 21, 1976
- Vol. 5
- No. 24
Is There a Doctor in the House? Yes, but They All Specialize in Songs, Jokes or Chickens
Frank Sinatra of Hoboken, N.J. owns a Doctorate of Humane Letters from the Univ. of Nevada at Las Vegas. Last year his benefit raised half a million dollars for the school. His reaction? "I can finally tell my mother I graduated."
Chicken king Frank Perdue, who usually associates with clucks, gets a Doctor of Science degree from Franklin Pierce, Rindge, N.H. The reason: he pioneered a breeding process "resulting in more white meat."
After getting a Doctor of Fine Arts from Carnegie-Mellon, Pittsburgh, Mr. Rogers, star of public TV's oldest kid show, serenaded the audience with his own song, 'It's You I Like.'
In Davenport, Iowa, Bob Hope adds a Doctorate of Public Service from St. Ambrose College to his list of honorary degrees. "Now that you have a degree," he told the graduates, "you know what work you're out of." He later noted, "This is my 33rd doctorate and I still can't understand Bill Buckley."
His wife, June, and their four daughters were on hand when country star Johnny Cash was gift-wrapped in his Doctor of Humane Letters from National University in San Diego. "All of us are in his debt," the citation read.
Dingbat Jean Stapleton, accepting a Doctor of Humane Letters from Monmouth College, West Long Branch, N.J., chortled, "Today, unquestionably, was Edith Bunker's finest hour."
March 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!