Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton Share a Sweet Kiss While Supporting Little Big Town
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- FROM EW: Sacha Baron Cohen Will Not Play Freddie Mercury in Biopic
- Mike Fisher and Carrie Underwood Introduce Son Isaiah
- Bradley Cooper's Changing Looks!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 21, 1976
- Vol. 5
- No. 24
Kristin Griffith, 22, has roles in two of the three plays in the new A Texas Trilogy, currently at Kennedy Center in Washington and due on Broadway in the fall. They are parts she was born (in Midland, Texas) to play. In Lu Ann Hampton Laverty Oberlander, Kristin is a rebellious teenager in the 1960s. In The Oldest Living Graduate, she plays a small-town society woman, "a little bit on the wild side." Kristin left Midland at 16 to attend Juilliard's drama school. After graduation she appeared in an avant-garde opera in Graz, Austria, then returned to the States to work as a waitress until Trilogy. Kristin, who practices TM, keeps slim on a vegetarian-like diet, and finds working on leather and tending plants "very soothing." She lives in New York, sharing a small apartment with a singer and actor friend from Phoenix. "Basically I'm a very lopsided person," she says. "All I really do is read plays and work on my scenes and scripts." She hasn't tried films or TV and wants no more "ingenue parts, sweet pure little girls" (after practically majoring in such sweet girl parts in college). One critic described her society woman as a "spiteful, vacuous, upwardly mobile materialist" and added that Kristin was "just right for the part." The Texas accent comes in handy too.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!