Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Nursing Student Killed After Getting Caught in Gunfire at Party Near Illinois College Campus
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Will Friedle Is Married! Boy Meets World Star Ties the Knot to 'Mrs. Squirrels'
- AnnaLynne McCord Says She 'Sold Her Body for Love' After Being Sexually Assaulted at Age 18
- 'Active Shooter' in Houston Who Wounded Several People Shot by Officers
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 28, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 12
Give 44 High-Strung Kids Enough Rope and They'll Soar to a World's Record
With a week of practice, 44 volunteers from the fourth, fifth and sixth grades jumped a 100-foot rope five times without a miss. Their feat shattered the official world mark of four jumps set in 1975 by a mere 35 youngsters in Lorain, Ohio.
"It wasn't really hard," says 11-year-old Angie Hall. "It was just tricky getting everyone jumping at the same time."
St. Victor's principal, Louis Daniels, who dreamed up the leap and helped turn the rope, got a bear hug from his students. "They yelled, shouted and danced," says Daniels. "It was like they had won the World Series."
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!