Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim and Kanye Visit Lamar in the Hospital Before Khloé's Big Thanksgiving Dinner
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- 13 Things We Can Learn from Hillary Clinton's #TBT Photos
- Ben and Jessa (Duggar) Seewald's Sweet Thanksgiving Message for Son Spurgeon: 'We Are So Happy to Be Parents!'
- Hate Jean Shopping? We Just Found the Most Universally Slimming Pants Ever
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 18, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 15
Steve Hartunian, 21, is being called the "Six and Three Quarter Million Dollar Man." The nickname comes not from flexing bionic muscles but from salesmanship. The Encino, Calif. native was honored as the "Top Over-All Sales Producer across the U.S. and Canada" in 1976 by Century 21, an international network of 35,000 real estate salesmen representing 3,500 offices. During the first 10 months of 1976, Hartunian sold more than 50 houses in the San Fernando Valley at an average price of $80,000. In October he switched to apartment buildings and racked up $2.75 million in sales before the end of the year. Hartunian got into real estate after a brief career as a car salesman. "The potential wasn't there," he says. "I wanted to make more money faster." He was issued a real estate license at 19. Steve won't divulge how much he earned last year, but if he averaged three percent commission he grossed well over $200,000. At any rate, it was enough for a Cadillac Seville to take his clients apartment-house-hunting and a sporty Ferrari for his own pleasure. Next year Steve plans to open his own office and write a book about selling real estate.
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!