Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William, the Queen and Camilla as You've Never Seen Them Before! Check Out Their Unusual New Portraits
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Show Off Their Shoe Line, Admit to Problems With Confidence
- How Scott Disick May Have Blown a Second Chance with Kourtney Kardashian
- Ashley Williams on Giving Birth. In Her Living Room. On the Floor!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 18, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 15
Steve Hartunian, 21, is being called the "Six and Three Quarter Million Dollar Man." The nickname comes not from flexing bionic muscles but from salesmanship. The Encino, Calif. native was honored as the "Top Over-All Sales Producer across the U.S. and Canada" in 1976 by Century 21, an international network of 35,000 real estate salesmen representing 3,500 offices. During the first 10 months of 1976, Hartunian sold more than 50 houses in the San Fernando Valley at an average price of $80,000. In October he switched to apartment buildings and racked up $2.75 million in sales before the end of the year. Hartunian got into real estate after a brief career as a car salesman. "The potential wasn't there," he says. "I wanted to make more money faster." He was issued a real estate license at 19. Steve won't divulge how much he earned last year, but if he averaged three percent commission he grossed well over $200,000. At any rate, it was enough for a Cadillac Seville to take his clients apartment-house-hunting and a sporty Ferrari for his own pleasure. Next year Steve plans to open his own office and write a book about selling real estate.
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!