Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Marla Sokoloff Blogs: Our Second Child Is a ...
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos
Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- New Couple Alert: AnnaLynne McCord Is Dating Former Laker Rick Fox
- Game of Thrones: Season 5 Trailer is Out (Or Should We Say Leaked?)
- Matt Damon, Ben Affleck & More Defend Tom Brady in Super Bowl Sketch
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 12:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 25, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 16
Patti Burns was a bit worried when she was asked to co-anchor KDKA-TV's top-rated Eyewitness News at Noon in Pittsburgh last September. Her co-anchorman would be her father, Bill. She has found that working with the old man isn't so bad after all. "Oh, we fight," says Patti. "If I mispronounce a word or don't check something, he screams and yells. He's hard on me, but he's hard on everybody. He's been a big help. He's a real pro." Patti, 25, earned her degree in political science from the University of Denver where she got into the news business on the student radio station. Despite her father's warning that TV news "can be a cutthroat business," she took a street reporter's job on WFAA-TV in Dallas. She eventually was lured back to Pittsburgh to do the same kind of legwork for KDKA. Her duties now have been expanded to co-hosting a prime-time news-magazine show on Saturday nights. TV news has become a family affair for the Burnses. "My mother," Patti says, "has been my greatest supporter. I go to Dad for professional advice. I go to Mom for comfort."
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!