Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Conan O'Brien Learns Never to Ask Will Ferrell About His Bird (VIDEO)
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Why Hasn't Andy Cohen Gotten a Good Night's Sleep in 25 Years?
- Website Posts Anorexic Woman's Photos in List of 'Amazing Weight Loss Transformations'
- Jason Derulo: 'I'm Not Looking to Settle Down Right Away' After Jordin Sparks Split
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 25, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 16
Patti Burns was a bit worried when she was asked to co-anchor KDKA-TV's top-rated Eyewitness News at Noon in Pittsburgh last September. Her co-anchorman would be her father, Bill. She has found that working with the old man isn't so bad after all. "Oh, we fight," says Patti. "If I mispronounce a word or don't check something, he screams and yells. He's hard on me, but he's hard on everybody. He's been a big help. He's a real pro." Patti, 25, earned her degree in political science from the University of Denver where she got into the news business on the student radio station. Despite her father's warning that TV news "can be a cutthroat business," she took a street reporter's job on WFAA-TV in Dallas. She eventually was lured back to Pittsburgh to do the same kind of legwork for KDKA. Her duties now have been expanded to co-hosting a prime-time news-magazine show on Saturday nights. TV news has become a family affair for the Burnses. "My mother," Patti says, "has been my greatest supporter. I go to Dad for professional advice. I go to Mom for comfort."
March 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!