Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William, the Queen and Camilla as You've Never Seen Them Before! Check Out Their Unusual New Portraits
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Show Off Their Shoe Line, Admit to Problems With Confidence
- How Scott Disick May Have Blown a Second Chance with Kourtney Kardashian
- Ashley Williams on Giving Birth. In Her Living Room. On the Floor!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 25, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 16
Patti Burns was a bit worried when she was asked to co-anchor KDKA-TV's top-rated Eyewitness News at Noon in Pittsburgh last September. Her co-anchorman would be her father, Bill. She has found that working with the old man isn't so bad after all. "Oh, we fight," says Patti. "If I mispronounce a word or don't check something, he screams and yells. He's hard on me, but he's hard on everybody. He's been a big help. He's a real pro." Patti, 25, earned her degree in political science from the University of Denver where she got into the news business on the student radio station. Despite her father's warning that TV news "can be a cutthroat business," she took a street reporter's job on WFAA-TV in Dallas. She eventually was lured back to Pittsburgh to do the same kind of legwork for KDKA. Her duties now have been expanded to co-hosting a prime-time news-magazine show on Saturday nights. TV news has become a family affair for the Burnses. "My mother," Patti says, "has been my greatest supporter. I go to Dad for professional advice. I go to Mom for comfort."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!