Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Bachelor's Britt: 'I Cried Every Day' After I Was Sent Home
- The Best Photos from the Week of Feb. 23- Mar. 1, 2015
- The Bachelor: Women Tell All Recap: Britt Is a Beautiful Crier and Kelsey Explains Why Her Story Is So 'Amazing'
- One In a Million: Parents Take Home Two Sets of Identical Twin Girls
- Meryl Streep's Daughters Land Fashion Campaign (Plus, See Kristen Stewart's New Chanel Ad!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 02, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 17
A Paris Premiere of a Movie About Charlie Draws An Almost Full House of Chaplins
The younger Chaplins were there also to mark Father's 86th birthday (April 16). Publicity-shy Charlie wasn't up to traveling to Paris, so he and Oona sent a telegram of thanks and regrets.
Of the children, Jane, 20, came from New York, where she has been working as a researcher for director Milos Forman (she wants a career in movies, but "above all, not as an actress"). Victoria, 26, who is an actress, Josephine, 28, who is divorced from Greek businessman Nicolas Sistovaris, the father of her 6-year-old, Charlie (she showed up with French tough-guy actor Maurice Ronet), and Michael, 31, the writer of the family, all live in Paris. Michael brought wife Patricia and three of their five children, Dolores, 5, Carmen, 3, and Kathleen, 1. Eugene, 24, a recording technician, and wife Sandra reside in Montreux, Switzerland. Annette, 17, and Christopher, 15, the youngest of Charlie's children, are still with their mother and father in Vevey. The reason Geraldine, 32, couldn't make it was right out of a Chaplin movie. Her son Shayne, 2, was ill, and Nanny McKenzie, who has been nursemaid to the Chaplin household for 32 years, was invited to the shindig. Nanny went, and Mother stayed home.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!