Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Former Law & Order Director Sentenced to 10 Years Probation for Child Pornography Charges
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Hillary Clinton Takes Giant Selfie with Digital Content Creators at Town Hall Discussion: 'We Have to Send This to Ellen!'
- John Mayer Says He's 'Ready' to Find His Next Girlfriend: 'I'm More Mature Than I've Ever Been'
- Former American Idol Contestant John Stevens Hit By Van in Massachusetts
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 02, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 17
A Paris Premiere of a Movie About Charlie Draws An Almost Full House of Chaplins
The younger Chaplins were there also to mark Father's 86th birthday (April 16). Publicity-shy Charlie wasn't up to traveling to Paris, so he and Oona sent a telegram of thanks and regrets.
Of the children, Jane, 20, came from New York, where she has been working as a researcher for director Milos Forman (she wants a career in movies, but "above all, not as an actress"). Victoria, 26, who is an actress, Josephine, 28, who is divorced from Greek businessman Nicolas Sistovaris, the father of her 6-year-old, Charlie (she showed up with French tough-guy actor Maurice Ronet), and Michael, 31, the writer of the family, all live in Paris. Michael brought wife Patricia and three of their five children, Dolores, 5, Carmen, 3, and Kathleen, 1. Eugene, 24, a recording technician, and wife Sandra reside in Montreux, Switzerland. Annette, 17, and Christopher, 15, the youngest of Charlie's children, are still with their mother and father in Vevey. The reason Geraldine, 32, couldn't make it was right out of a Chaplin movie. Her son Shayne, 2, was ill, and Nanny McKenzie, who has been nursemaid to the Chaplin household for 32 years, was invited to the shindig. Nanny went, and Mother stayed home.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!