Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- So, Has Rosie Perez Met a White Man Who Can Jump?
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin: Inside Our Wedding
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Baby's Name & More Weekend News
- Celebri-lattes! Amazing Coffee Art of Taylor Swift, Nick Jonas & Other Stars
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday December 21, 2014 08:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 23, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 20
Rewriting Mother Goose, or Get Your Own Curds and Whey, You Hairy Creep
Tiffany and the rest of the cast had to sign agreements that they would work with the spiders, which were supplied by Jim Brockett. His Pasadena firm is the country's largest supplier to zoos and institutions of things that crawl and slither. Producer Igo Kantor paid Brockett $10 apiece to ship tarantulas to the movie location in Camp Verde, Ariz. "Townspeople were terrified," Brockett concedes. "They thought the spiders were going to devastate the place. Tarantulas are really quite friendly. They're poisonous, but their bite is less dangerous than a bee sting." The only real annoyance, Brockett reports, is a mild inflammation caused by fishhook-shaped hairs on the tarantula's abdomen. "When you start itching," Brockett concludes, "you know you've been visited by a tarantula."
December 20, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!