Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Puppy Love! Chrissy Teigen Shares Luna's Playdate with French Bulldog Pippa
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Amanda Knox Reveals Why She Initially Lied About Being in the Apartment When Her Roommate Meredith Kercher Was Killed
- EXCLUSIVE: Is Grease 2: Live Already in the Works?
- Will Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt Move to London After Split?
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 23, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 20
Rewriting Mother Goose, or Get Your Own Curds and Whey, You Hairy Creep
Tiffany and the rest of the cast had to sign agreements that they would work with the spiders, which were supplied by Jim Brockett. His Pasadena firm is the country's largest supplier to zoos and institutions of things that crawl and slither. Producer Igo Kantor paid Brockett $10 apiece to ship tarantulas to the movie location in Camp Verde, Ariz. "Townspeople were terrified," Brockett concedes. "They thought the spiders were going to devastate the place. Tarantulas are really quite friendly. They're poisonous, but their bite is less dangerous than a bee sting." The only real annoyance, Brockett reports, is a mild inflammation caused by fishhook-shaped hairs on the tarantula's abdomen. "When you start itching," Brockett concludes, "you know you've been visited by a tarantula."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!