Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- President Obama Will Meet with Leonardo DiCaprio to Talk Climate Change at White House
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- FROM GOLF: Tiger Woods Pays Tribute to Arnold Palmer – 'It's Hard to Imagine Golf Without You'
- Ronan Farrow Pays Tribute to Brother Thaddeus After His Suicide: 'I Never Knew Anyone Stronger'
- She Said Yes! NFL Pro Larry English and WAGS' Nicole Williams Are Engaged
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 13, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 23
Having Writ, the Authors Move On—for Some Tub-thumping at This Year's Booksellers' Bash
Seizing the chance to work their wiles on bookstore owners and critics were the likes of Brooke Hayward, Garson Kanin, Art Buchwald, Melvin Belli, Joyce Haber and Leon Uris. Chitchat ran from such white-hot domestic currency as microwave cuisine to Daniel Schorr's down-the-nose opinion of David Frost: "a showman who studies his part very well—the part of a newsman."
For those unmoved by erudition in bulk, there were plenty of publishing freebies to grease the wheels of commerce—buttons, bookmarks, T-shirts, pastries, calendars and cocktails. And lest anyone suspect that literati aren't lusty, a popular poster bragged that BOOKSELLERS MAKE BETTER LOVERS. "It's definitely a meat rack," observed one critic. The cutlets were hardly complaining.
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!