Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Princess Kate and Prince William Headed to Scotland – with the Kids!
- The Best Photos from the Week of August 24- August 30, 2015
- Wow! Khloé Kardashian Flaunts Her Tiny Midsection in Waist-Training Selfie (Photo)
- These Floating Pearl Earrings Are Serious Multitaskers
- This Isn't About Pity:' Model Shaun Ross's Experience Helping Tanzanian Refugees with Albinism
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 27, 1977
- Vol. 7
- No. 25
When the Fan Fair Plays in Nashville, the Stars Come Out to Sign
Lured by the prospect of a cousinly week of nonstop music, Country & Western fans came from as far away as Europe and Australia to mingle (at $30 a head) with the likes of Charley Pride, Buck Owens, Barbara Mandrell and David Allan Coe, not to mention such improbable acts as Tokyo's Jimmie Tokita and one C & W group from down-home Czechoslovakia. Rural authenticity lost a little something when news of no-shows Tammy Wynette (having wisdom teeth pulled) and Country Music Entertainer of the Year Mel Tillis (hospitalized for a checkup) met with Bronx cheers. Those struck blind by the celebrity megawattage onstage faced overcharging hucksters of everything from cameras to cowboy boots, and posters to plastic letter openers.
Still, the affection of attending stars for their public was clear and overriding. (The entertainers appeared without pay.) "These are the most loyal people in America," said Pride. Why? As a 38-year-old grandmother from Tennessee put it: "People can relate to this kind of music. It makes them think of all the things they could have done—or shouldn't have."
September 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!