Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Video: Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke Sing in Chris Martin's Game of Thrones: The Musical
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Watch Dwayne Johnson and Jimmy Fallon's 1989 Graduation Speech
- Photo: Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult Reunite on the Set of X-Men: Apocalypse
- Suspect in Mansion Murders Arrested in Washington D.C.
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 26, 1977
- Vol. 8
- No. 13
Hanging Loose at 1,500 Feet, Upside-Down Roy Clark Prays, 'Seat Belt, Do Your Stuff'
For that, at least, his agent is grateful. A licensed pilot since 1956, Clark has been an aviation nut since his Virginia boyhood. His first plane was a homemade glider of oak planks and bedsheets that his father grounded before its maiden flight. As compensation, perhaps, the 44-year-old star now owns—and flies—three planes: the Stearman, a single-engine Tri-Pacer and a seven-passenger turboprop (a Mitsubishi MU-2) that he pilots to his concerts. The jet is worth $2 million, but Clark has given his heart to the biplane. "When you go up in the MU-2 you're going someplace," he says. "When you go up in the Stearman, you're going up to fly."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!