Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Surprise! Madonna Releases New Music from Upcoming Album Rebel Heart
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Meet Santa's Squad of Celebrity Reindeer
- Elton John Invites You to His Wedding – on His Brand New Instagram Account!
- Kim Kardashian's Exposed Email Instructs Mom Kris Jenner to Stop Dressing Like a Pilgrim
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 12:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 07, 1977
- Vol. 8
- No. 19
Victoria's Britches Were Fit for a Queen—or Two
An avid collector of royal memorabilia, Mrs. Broughton-Adderley says she won't put her latest treasure on display. "They have no particular history," she says. "Victoria used to give things like that to her ladies' maids, and they would hand them down in their own families." Since acquiring the Victorian queen's undies, Mrs. Broughton-Adderley says she has also been offered a pair of Queen Mary's stockings. Does that mean Queen Elizabeth II's unmentionables may someday turn up on the auction block? "I expect," says Mrs. Broughton-Adderley with a wink, "that the present queen is taking care that no one gets her drawers."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!