Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See the Dress a Houston School Deemed Too Inappropriate for a 5-Year-Old
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- Juror in Murder Trial Sued for Overturned Murder Conviction
- Breast Milk Ice Cream Is Back Just In Time for the Royal Baby's Birth
- Avengers: Age of Ultron: Scarlett Johansson Says Black Widow and the Hulk 'Really Long for the Connection' (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 07, 1977
- Vol. 8
- No. 19
Why Take the Kids to Disneyland? Bobby Sherman Has It All in His Own Backyard
Sherman is the "Bubble Gum Kid" of the early '70s whose 11 gold records, including Easy Come, Easy Go and Julie, Do Ya Love Me?, racked up some $20 million in sales. Today Sherman makes commercial films, runs a deluxe airplane charter service and rents his own recording studio to other performers. (He's also cutting a new record himself.) The only hangover from his years as a teenage idol, he jokes, was that "the fan magazines for so long insisted I be younger than my age that it was a jolt to turn 34."
Not all the kid has gone out of Bobby Sherman. A model builder as a boy, he was inspired by the arrival of two sons, Christopher and Tyler, now 4 and 3, to create something "kids would really enjoy." He chose Main Street, exhaustively photographed the original and eventually persuaded Disneyland to give him a set of plans. The project has taken Sherman two and a half years and $15,000 to build.
One of the first to see it was Walt Disney's daughter, Diane Disney Miller, who exclaimed, "My father would have fallen in love with this." So has everyone else, except maybe Bobby's wife, Patti, who had to live through the hammering. "At one point," Bobby recalls, "she said, 'If you don't finish it, I'll kill you.' "
April 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!