Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello Jet Off for Romantic Honeymoon – Find Out Where!
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Morena Baccarin and Ben McKenzie are Glowing Parents-to-Be at Gotham Independent Film Awards
- Alex Pettyfer Finally Breaks Down His Beef with Channing Tatum: He 'Does Not Like Me'
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum Dishes on Joe Manganiello's Magic Mike XXL-Inspired Wedding Dance to Wife Sofia Vergara
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 26, 1978
- Vol. 9
- No. 25
College Senior Bob Speca Finds It's No Pushover to Set a World Record for the Domino Effect
The show, a fund-raising promotion by the National Hemophilia Foundation, got under way when 8-year-old hemophiliac Michael Murphy provided the initial push. But as the dominoes began to fall with a soft whoosh, an ABC-TV cameraman leaned over the ballroom balcony and dropped his press card, accidentally triggering a second chain reaction on the opposite side of the room. ("I feel terrible," groaned photographer Manny Alpert later.) Speca stepped quickly through the labyrinth, however, pushed a few of the dominoes aside and isolated the damage. Thirty-one minutes and 20 seconds after the start, Speca had a new record of 97,500 dominoes (his old one: 50,000).
Speca's friends "thought it was crazy" when he began his strange hobby in his family's Broomall, Pa. basement five years ago. Since then, however, he has made two network TV appearances and earned up to 90¢ per domino as an attraction at restaurant and shopping mall openings. Dominoes otherwise hold little attraction. "I never play the game," Speca says. "It's not too interesting." He thinks of his avocation as an art form and objects to being called "eccentric." "If I set them up without any clothes on, that would be eccentric. Right?"
December 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!