Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- No One Puts Beagle in a Corner – Not Even Roombas (VIDEO)
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Find Out if This 30-Something Woman Will Get Alzheimer's By Age 65
- William Shatner Pays Tribute Leonard Nimoy on Twitter After Missing His Funeral
- Dot-Marie On Glee Transgender Character: 'I Looked Like My Brother'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 06, 1978
- Vol. 10
- No. 19
The Fischer brothers of Washington, D.C., who grossed a cool $2 million the past year, are tasting success as delectable as their product, frozen Yummy Yogurt. Such was not always the case for David, 25 (left), Richard, 26, and Benny, 22. Two years ago they had to borrow $45,000 to open their first Yummy stand in downtown D.C. Summer business boomed, but when temperatures dropped so did sales. Benny suggested packaging Yummy in pints and quarts and selling wholesale. "I promoted the hell out of it. I even hauled 20 gallons into a supermarket and gave out spoonfuls," he recalls. Within weeks 125 local groceries were stocking their yogurt. Now the threesome keep business brisk at their home stand by wearing "Add Culture to Your Life" T-shirts (designed by Richard) and guaranteeing "Only five minutes to the end of the line." ("People love it," says David. "They time us.") The Yummy empire has now grown to four outlets, and the brothers dream of franchising "like McDonald's." The major threat en route would seem to be sibling rivalry. "I always wanted to make money," says Benny. "My older brothers would be out sledding, and I'd be shoveling snow to earn money."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!