Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stephen Fishbach's Survivor Blog: How the Sole Survivor Won the Game
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- FIRST LOOK: Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor Finds Dream Wedding Dress
- Judge Exonerates 14-Year-Old Boy Who Was Executed 70 Years Ago
- Watch the Merriest, Most Musical Christmas Prank Ever (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 10:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 13, 1978
- Vol. 10
- No. 20
Charlie's Last Available Angel, Jaclyn Smith, Says Yes to Dennis Cole, No to a Hyphen
For both Jaclyn Smith, 32, and actor Dennis Cole, 38, it was a second marriage and the culmination of a 19-month courtship. Dennis' son Joey, 17, was best man and Jaclyn's close friend Jill Krask served as matron of honor. At the end of the service, bride and groom exchanged unaffected "I love you"s, and the misty-eyed wedding party burst into applause. "Everything about the wedding was old-fashioned because she is," said Jill. "Something old was an antique cross Jackie wore around her neck, something new was her dress, something borrowed was a pair of stockings from me and something blue was her eyeshadow."
Then, after toasts and absolutely no indecorous harum-zarem, the newly-weds limoed back to the St. Regis Hotel for a three-day honeymoon before Cole moves—for the first time—into her Coldwater Canyon home. "Without Dennis," cooed Jaclyn (who will neither change nor hyphenate her surname), "my life would not have been complete. And now it is."
December 18, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!