Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Inside Harrison Ford's Passion for Flying – and Scariest Crashes
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- Michael Brown's Parents Will File Lawsuit Against Officer Who Killed Their Son
- 'It Was Sputtering,' 'I Heard a Boom' – Eyewitnesses Describe Harrison Ford's Plane Crash
- Harrison Ford Is 'Battered But OK,' Son Says
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 13, 1978
- Vol. 10
- No. 20
Charlie's Last Available Angel, Jaclyn Smith, Says Yes to Dennis Cole, No to a Hyphen
For both Jaclyn Smith, 32, and actor Dennis Cole, 38, it was a second marriage and the culmination of a 19-month courtship. Dennis' son Joey, 17, was best man and Jaclyn's close friend Jill Krask served as matron of honor. At the end of the service, bride and groom exchanged unaffected "I love you"s, and the misty-eyed wedding party burst into applause. "Everything about the wedding was old-fashioned because she is," said Jill. "Something old was an antique cross Jackie wore around her neck, something new was her dress, something borrowed was a pair of stockings from me and something blue was her eyeshadow."
Then, after toasts and absolutely no indecorous harum-zarem, the newly-weds limoed back to the St. Regis Hotel for a three-day honeymoon before Cole moves—for the first time—into her Coldwater Canyon home. "Without Dennis," cooed Jaclyn (who will neither change nor hyphenate her surname), "my life would not have been complete. And now it is."
March 05, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!