Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Debbie Reynolds Honored with SAG Life Achievement Award
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- Frances McDormand Wins SAG Award for Best Actress in a TV Movie or Miniseries
- Who Was Kissing Terri Seymour's Baby Bump on the Red Carpet?
- Why Does William H. Macy Call His Wife, Felicity Huffman, Flicka?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday January 25, 2015 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 13, 1978
- Vol. 10
- No. 20
Charlie's Last Available Angel, Jaclyn Smith, Says Yes to Dennis Cole, No to a Hyphen
For both Jaclyn Smith, 32, and actor Dennis Cole, 38, it was a second marriage and the culmination of a 19-month courtship. Dennis' son Joey, 17, was best man and Jaclyn's close friend Jill Krask served as matron of honor. At the end of the service, bride and groom exchanged unaffected "I love you"s, and the misty-eyed wedding party burst into applause. "Everything about the wedding was old-fashioned because she is," said Jill. "Something old was an antique cross Jackie wore around her neck, something new was her dress, something borrowed was a pair of stockings from me and something blue was her eyeshadow."
Then, after toasts and absolutely no indecorous harum-zarem, the newly-weds limoed back to the St. Regis Hotel for a three-day honeymoon before Cole moves—for the first time—into her Coldwater Canyon home. "Without Dennis," cooed Jaclyn (who will neither change nor hyphenate her surname), "my life would not have been complete. And now it is."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!