Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: SNL's Kyle Mooney Challenges West to a Hilarious Rap Battle: 'I Just Destroyed Kanye'
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Anarchy in a Red Suit: Why Ryan Reynolds Was Born to Star in Deadpool
- Woolly Mammoth Tusks! Custom-Wrapped Mustangs! The Most Over-the-Top Presents This Custom Gift Designer Has Ever Made
- VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds Wasn't Sure If Daughter Was 'Really Psyched' About His Super Bowl Ad or If It Was 'Her Worst Nightmare'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 27, 1978
- Vol. 10
- No. 22
Talia and David Shire Sort of Talk It Out and Kind of Decide That Maybe They Ought to Separate
David: It's a very positive and loving separation. We have a 3-year-old child, Matthew Orlando, whom we both love, and I eat dinner with them four or five times a week. It is our marriage that was not working, not our careers. We've both been busy.
(He is working on a TV special, a Broadway musical and has completed three movie scores. She is shooting Rocky II, her third film this year.)
Talia: Our marriage was into the clinging stage. Now we are into distancing. We're going to rotate the house and we even rotate the cars. We've been separated for four months, and it's a growing experience.
David: We're seeing other people...
Talia: ...but not a lot. I don't have a lot of time to invest in relationships. We knew that would be part of the separation. And it's okay, but seeing other people...
David: ...was not the purpose of the separation, but a by-product of it.
Talia: Maybe this is the new age in marriage. We needed a breather. At first when we separated I started to get angry at David, and then we both started to laugh at each other. We realized that the ground rule for the separation was respect. We need to think and grow. If it doesn't work out, I'm still going to be Talia Shire; I'm not going back to being Coppola.
David: And I'll still be David Shire.
Talia: I want David to score all my movies, 'cause he's the best.
David: And I want her to star in my movies, 'cause she's the best.
A final question: Is Henry Winkler "the other man"?
Talia: God, no!
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!