Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Why Amy Winehouse's Mom Has No Regrets: 'I Couldn't Have Done Anything Different'
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Tom Hiddleston Attends Comic-Con After Trip Down Under with Taylor Swift
- WATCH AND SHOP: This Self Tanner Works Instantly (Then Lasts for Weeks!)
- Jackson Rathbone Introduces Daughter Presley Bowie: My Baby Girl Will Make My Son a 'Better Man'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 07, 1979
- Vol. 11
- No. 18
James Strachan, 25, acquired a yen for travel from his divorced mother, a United Nations refugee official, and cashed in. He now spends up to six months a year negotiating multimillion-dollar investments in North Africa and the Middle East. As assistant vice-president for the London-based Merrill Lynch International Banking Group, he has helped float a $25 million note between the Kuwaiti and Panamanian governments and backed a Qatar sheik in an $11 million hotel project. That means pressure. "It's hair-raising every time when you're dealing with people in that part of the world," he complains. "They take a long time to make up their minds." While studying economics at Cambridge University, he spent summers working for a Chase Manhattan Bank affiliate in London and took one year off to apprentice in a merchant bank. Then after graduation James indulged his wanderlust. He supported himself making mud bricks in a Tanzanian village, then tracked Bedouin tribes in Abu Dhabi for a film script. Finally he safaried across much of Africa, building up a file of contacts. There is still one deal that the six-foot bachelor(born partially deaf) isn't quite ready to sew up: "I don't think a wife would like the way I live very much."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!