Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Ex Chris Martin Celebrate Memorial Day Together at Star-Studded Bash in Malibu
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Demi Moore and Daughter Rumer Willis Look Like Twins in New Photo
- Kacy Catanzaro's American Ninja Warrior Premiere Blog: Starting the Season with a Showstopper
- Pope Francis Hasn't Watched Television Since 1990, Longs for Good Pizza
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 01, 1979
- Vol. 12
- No. 14
Picks and Pans Review: Debby Boone
For someone who's only 23, Debby has taken an undue amount of abuse, most of it directed at the dumb romanticism (and perhaps the success) of her megahit You Light Up My Life. It wasn't her fault that she winged to stardom on a turkey. In fairness, Boone is a solid enough singer of the Newton-John mold—sweet-voiced, disciplined and, not incidentally, pretty. On this new LP there is a standard sampling of disco (forget that, Deb), but she comes off best on the melodious, if florid, theme from The Promise and on two country standbys, Breakin' In a Brand New Broken Heart and My Heart Has a Mind of Its Own. Part of Debby's problem with critics may be that her dad, Pat, has been such a relentless goody-two-white-shoes; it's time, though, to stop visiting the father's lack of sin upon the daughter.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!