Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Easily the Weirdest Thing You'll See Today: Jimmy Fallon Performs 'Barbara Ann' with Five Wax Jimmys
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- 50 Years Later, Julie Andrews & Christopher Plummer Fondly Recall The Sound of Music
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians Preview: Can Kourtney Trust Scott?
- Derek Hough & Bella Thorne Shine Bright at the New York Spring Spectacular
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 29, 1979
- Vol. 12
- No. 18
Who's Flying Highest in the Competitive World of Twindom? The Wright Sisters
"We knew we were going to win all the time," says the one marked Sherri. "We just kept on standing there smiling at the judges," adds Terri. But not too broadly. They know just how far to go in the smile department, because at that critical point the single flaw in their similitude is revealed: Terri's right cheek dimples. Otherwise they are as one. Each is four feet tall, weighs 57 pounds, sings, tap dances, takes ballet, plays piano and likes pizza, strawberry ice cream and Dewayne Hightower, their third-grade classmate. Lucky Dewayne doesn't try to tell them apart. "He just goes with the one closest to him," says Judy Wright, their ex-stewardess mom and a twin (non-identical) herself. "On their birthday, he sent each a Barbie doll." The girls, coached by their father, Charles Wright, a senior medical sales rep for Searle laboratories, have been competing in beauty pageants since they were 4 and are bound for showbiz. Now represented by a New York agent, they just got their first gig, a TV promo spot for the U.S. Navy. But when Cadbury chocolates rejected them because they were blond, Sherri and Terri wound up in identical tears.
March 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!