Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,186 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bachelor in Paradise: Kaitlyn's Final Castaway Is ...
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Teen Mom 2 Star Jenelle Evans Opens Up About Beating Addiction and Co-Parenting with Her Ex
- Woman Gunned Down by Mysterious Assailant in Seemingly Random Attack in Hollywood
- Florida State Quarterback Kicked Off Team After Video Surfaces Showing Him Punching Woman in the Face
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 28, 1980
- Vol. 13
- No. 4
Is It Just Hot Air, or Is Colin Prescot's Trial Balloon a Commuter's Salvation?
Prescot, who leases larger balloons to his British clients (for promotional use a la the Goodyear blimp), concedes that the commuter model is not for everyone. It will sell for $6,000, and with tank and harness weighs almost 100 pounds (about one-sixth the size of a standard hot-air balloon). Its aluminum fuel tank holds enough pressurized propane for a 60-minute flight, at heights up to 5,000 feet and speeds up to 15 mph. For safety, there's an emergency ejection system and parachute.
But Prescot, 29, the Eton-educated son of a banker, insists the Cloudhopper is more than just an executive shuttle. He plans to market it as "the ultimate dare in a daring sport." Elaborates his partner, Robin Batchelor: "Around you is a couple of thousand feet of nothing, and you're sitting in a floating armchair. You can't help being in awe, but," he admits, "you feel awfully vulnerable."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!