Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kelly Osbourne Remembers Life Lessons from Joan Rivers on Anniversary of Her Death
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- VIDEO: Terminally Ill Single Mom Fights to Live and Die Her Way
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Introduces Daughter Ariah: 'She's My Mini-Me'
- Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Shares Sweet Photo in Celebration of Upcoming Wedding Anniversary
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 04, 1980
- Vol. 13
- No. 5
Billy "The Kid" Mayfair of Phoenix shoots sub-par golf and regularly whacks the ball 215 yards off the tee. His other stats: age 13, 5 feet and 109 pounds. Small wonder that the stocky blond Jack Nicklaus lookalike won the Junior World Golf Championship in his age group both in 1976 and again last July. The strongest part of his game is putting, and he's impatient for further growth ("My hands are too small to really grip the club") and more heft behind his swing. "When I get a little bigger," he figures, "I'll really start scoring." So Billy is heavily into pasta and Mexican cuisine, though he has a nervous stomach and once barfed three times in the men's locker room before going out and winning a tournament. Billy began to develop his different strokes at 20 months with a set of toy clubs. By 4 he had a scaled-down wood and iron and would join his father, Dick, a Cadillac salesman, on the links. "You can't imagine those shots are coming from a kid who wears braces on his teeth," says local pro Bill Farkas. Billy the Kid practices at least four hours seven days a week and won't long be content with his nearly 100 amateur trophies. "They measure you by the money you win," he grins, "and I want to be the best."
September 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!