Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Family of Murdered Arizona Couple are 'Skeptical' Suspects Claims That They Were Meth Users
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Whitney Hoston's Former Bodygaurd Ray Watson Visits Bobbi Kristina Brown at Hospice
- Ben Affleck Is Leaning on His Mom for Support After Jennifer Garner Split
- Prince William Reunites with Eton Schoolmate Eddie Redmayne at Polo Match Ahead of Charlotte's Christening
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 11, 1980
- Vol. 13
- No. 6
Renée (right) and Ramona Rolle, 21, have even more going for them than meets the eye: They are both grad students in petroleum engineering at Stanford. Not quite identical (Renée at 5'10½" and 130 pounds is one inch taller and five pounds heavier), the twins have, on the side, collected a shelf full of beauty pageant trophies. They have also won substantial merchandise and cash prizes—which helped support their education after their parents separated. Their father, a retired Army officer, met their mother in Germany, but she's now a secretary in San Francisco. In their first face-off—the 1975 Daly City Junior Miss Contest—Ramona beat out her sister, thanks to her gymnastic dance in the talent competition. But then Renée edged out Ramona for two titles and made third runner-up in the 1979 Miss California Universe title. One judge tipped off Ramona about her problems: slightly bowed legs and a gap between her front teeth. Ramona got a dental retainer, began ballroom dancing and made it to second runner-up at the Miss World U.S.A. pageant last September. The twins, who share a one-bedroom apartment near the campus, already have a job offer from Exxon once they complete their studies. They will also continue to compete in the beauty biz. "As long as someone in the family wins," says Renée, who just became Miss Santa Clara County of 1980, "it's okay."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!