Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: See Joanna Krupa's Egg-Retrieval Procedure
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- Which Former Boy Band Member Will Compete on The Amazing Race?
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 11:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 19, 1980
- Vol. 13
- No. 20
Picks and Pans Review: Moviola: This Year's Blonde
A Checklist of This Week's Noteworthy Tv Shows, Books, Movies, Records and Other Happenings
Garson Kanin's 1979 book about Hollywood is the source for three stylish TV movies on consecutive nights. In the first, Constance Forslund has every wiggle of Marilyn Monroe in place, though MM's character comes through fuzzily. Lloyd Bridges is first-rate as Johnny Hyde, her lover and the agent who launched her career. On Monday, Tony Curtis zestfully plays mogul David O. Selznick in The Scarlett O'Hara War, an intelligently cast satire about the talent search for the heroine in Gone with the Wind. In Tuesday's finale, The Silent Lovers, Harold Gould and John Rubinstein as tycoons L.B. Mayer and Irving Thalberg are string-pullers and vivid counterpoints to the romance between Greta Garbo and John Gilbert (played by Kristina Wayborn and Barry Bostwick).
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!