Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Former Law & Order Director Sentenced to 10 Years Probation for Child Pornography Charges
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Hillary Clinton Takes Giant Selfie with Digital Content Creators at Town Hall Discussion: 'We Have to Send This to Ellen!'
- John Mayer Says He's 'Ready' to Find His Next Girlfriend: 'I'm More Mature Than I've Ever Been'
- Former American Idol Contestant John Stevens Hit By Van in Massachusetts
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 19, 1980
- Vol. 13
- No. 20
Norbert Wabnig, 27, is Beverly Hills' cheese purveyor to the stars. Laurence Olivier comes to Norbert's fromage-and-wine shop a block from Rodeo Drive for Stilton and fine port. Billy Wilder, Gene Wilder and Dinah Shore prefer Brie. Mel Brooks buys Parmesan. Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood send their cook over for Swiss. Of the 500 kinds, perhaps the biggest seller in that diet-obsessed bastion is pot cheese. Norbert's late father was an engineer and his mother an actress, but Vienna-born Norbert wanted to make it as a pop musician. Although he knew only German when he moved with his family to New Orleans at the age of 5, he now speaks English without a trace of an accent. After graduating from LSU, he entered grad school in sociology but dropped out to head for California and a career in piano or drums. To pay the rent, he took a job at the Cheese Store of Beverly Hills. Three years later, in 1978, with a loan from his family, he scraped together the money to buy the store when its owner became ill, and Norbert now grosses $750,000 a year. He and wife Donna, who just had their first child, have moved up to a new house in woodsy Topanga Canyon and his-and-her Mercedeses. Although Norbert plans to open another store in Encino this summer, he still plays the piano and sings in a rock group called Wendell Nightfall. "I have no time for sports," says Norbert. "My life is devoted to two things: music and cheese."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!