Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks Reunite in Trailer for Her Directorial Debut Ithaca
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 02, 1980
- Vol. 13
- No. 22
Van Cliburn Gets a Wake-Up Call for His Mother's Award Ceremony, and Bearly Makes It
The only problem was that celebrated son. As Mrs. Cliburn was being fitted with cap and gown for the afternoon ceremony, Van was still snoozing in his hotel room nearby. Since spring is the silly season on college campuses, thoughts of how to get him moving soon ran to the unorthodox. A grisly idea was suggested by Cliburn's cousin, Prof. Robert Reid, a popular Baylor history teacher for whom the school's 4-month-old bear mascot is named. Shortly before graduation began, Professor Reid turned his namesake loose in Cliburn's room. The cub pounced on the bed, and within seconds the son was dressed and on his way to watch Mother receive her sheepskin. "The bear seemed too playful to be mean," Cliburn explained bravely afterward. "And since he had my cousin's name, I knew he couldn't be all bad."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!