Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,184 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Luke Bryan, Kip Moore and Dustin Lynch Play 'Would You Rather' (Turns Out They Aren't Fans of Bare Feet)
- The Best Photos from the Week of June 22- June 29, 2015
- It's a Girl! Justin Baldoni Welcomes a Daughter – See Her First Photo
- Attention, Campers! You'll Write Home About This Day-at-Camp Mash-Up
- Michigan Husband and Wife Fighting Rare Cancers with Bravery and Humor: 'Giving Up Is Not an Option'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 02, 1980
- Vol. 13
- No. 22
Van Cliburn Gets a Wake-Up Call for His Mother's Award Ceremony, and Bearly Makes It
The only problem was that celebrated son. As Mrs. Cliburn was being fitted with cap and gown for the afternoon ceremony, Van was still snoozing in his hotel room nearby. Since spring is the silly season on college campuses, thoughts of how to get him moving soon ran to the unorthodox. A grisly idea was suggested by Cliburn's cousin, Prof. Robert Reid, a popular Baylor history teacher for whom the school's 4-month-old bear mascot is named. Shortly before graduation began, Professor Reid turned his namesake loose in Cliburn's room. The cub pounced on the bed, and within seconds the son was dressed and on his way to watch Mother receive her sheepskin. "The bear seemed too playful to be mean," Cliburn explained bravely afterward. "And since he had my cousin's name, I knew he couldn't be all bad."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!